Saturday 5 April 2014

The Beginning and the End.

As with everything, nothing stays the same. Life is a continuous journey and no two days are ever the same. And so new opportunities present themselves and it becomes time to bid a reluctant farewell to many things.




I have always been very happy with my lot; I enjoy designing crochet patterns and selling a few hooky pieces in my real-life Ye Olde (shelf-in-a) Shoppe in Arundel and at a few local events too.
I am easily pleased by my family and friends and my crochet.

And then I decided I'd like to do a little more, but I didn't really know what...

Until I was asked to design for Let's Get Crafting Magazine.
Yay
This presented a new challenge and much excitement and definitely a new direction I wanted to explore.
So I took to work..




...I read the brief, did the research and got designing. In fact, I've just posted off my little crocheted pieces and have emailed patterns to the editor. Fingers crossed, I might be featured in the June edition (I'll keep you posted here, of course).

Add to this a big (secret) project. A really BIG project. A project of such enormitude and scale I should feel completely overwhelmed. But actually, I don't. I am in my element.
I will tell you more as soon I can, but for the moment, shhhhhhhh! It's a secret....

And so the beginning of new projects brings excitement, pressure and challenge, all of which will take up huge amounts of my time. That, and a busy family life containing a Mister who works away a lot and a pre-schooler who is not in full time education. 

The inevitable outcome is having to bid farewell to selling in Arundel. I cannot work the shifts and I have no time to make stock. Today was my last day and I felt a touch of sadness. It has been a great part of my journey and I have learnt so much.  But more importantly, it's been fun. 





I do hope you'll join me on my new journey. I look forward to telling you all about it.

Onwards I march. Hook in one hand, yarn in the other.

Sarah x 

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot is going on :) best of luck and much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, designing and submitting work for a magazine, that's fantastic. All the very best with your new venture. looking forward to hearing more.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you! I absolutely love your blog and the things you make :) can't wait to read more about your journey, so exciting!! congrats and good luck!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations and best wishes!!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a lot of events happens in your life right now! I am wishing you all the luck of the world, and I am waiting about your secret ;) It's a pity we don't have the crafting magazine overhere. byebye Francien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It does sound like an exciting journey you are beginning. It is always sad to say goodbye to something you enjoy but it sounds like an adventure awaits you and I am excited to follow along xxx Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, how exciting! Can't wait to find out more! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited, too! I wonder where it'll end and what we'll see :) So, I do follow you in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I knew it was only a matter of time til you were snapped up by a mag...and something bigger! Fantastic news, and kudos to you for recognising that you need to maintain balance...good luck! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck in your new endeavors. Enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fabulous news!!! I am so happy for you, you are so very talented you deserve this so much. Just don't leave all of us!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, really exciting! Congratulations, it sounds like you're on a very natural progressive journey! I can't wait to hear more! Best of luck!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very happy for you - your designs are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeeeeeeeek! Is all. do come on 29th. we can scoff more x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. Big changes but sounds like lots of fun. I'm sure you'll be missed in Arundel but at least we can still follow your journey here. Good Luck, x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations :) happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations I am so excited for you and can't wait for the project unveiling x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! It's the start of such an exciting journey :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx