Sunday 8 February 2015

The one where she does Youtube

So I've thinking for ages about making some video content for my blog and I've had lots of lovely peeps asking me for patterns, tutorials and the like in video format.

No, I said emphatically.
I am too technologically challenged to even comprehend how to achieve such things.

And then a while ago, I got a smart phone and a tablet and all these impossible tasks became a little easier.

Actually, a lot easier.

And so, buoyed by my recent adventures on film, I decided to have a go.



I wanted something which looked ok, but the most important thing was its clarity; I wanted the videos to be informative and clear.

So now, with a little precarious balancing of the ipad on the corner of the coffee table and trying to record audio inbetween the dog barking and the kids demanding biscuits, I have cobbled together a few videos.

It's just a little start, but I intend to cover the basic stitches, as well as some simple projects and a few patterns from my blog, too.

The clips are just over there on the left sidebar, so do have a look, and I'd love it if you subscribed to my channel too- just click on that button at the top and you won't miss out on anything new.

Right, am off to order a proper ipad-holder-bracket-type-thingy from a well-known online retailer.....

Wishing you all a fab week,
Sarah

P.S. do let me know if there's anything you'd like to see as a YouTube tutorial.. x

8 comments:

  1. Brava Sarah!!!!!! I imagine how hard is filming with the family around …. eh! eh! eh!
    xxxxxx Ale happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clear videos! I do use You Tube a lot to learn new techniques so I'm always grateful to people who take the trouble to film tutorials. Thanks for sharing this and good luck with your book release. I'm off to a well known online book retailer to place my order :o) Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Very professional. I know some people who want to learn to crochet and now I know just where to send them. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper!:-) I love the video and robots? amazing, wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Great job!!! Fan in Forest Grove, Oregon, USA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, I know I haven't popped by for a while but now that I have I'm absolutely gobsmacked madam - you've got your own book!! That is so utterly cool and fantastic. Well done you. Your crochet work is stunning - I'm so glad you get to share it with the world. I'll be ordering my copy for sure!

    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, amazing, beautifully put together - shall I go on?? Well done hon, it looks truly magnificent. I have really enjoyed hearing your voice too. After all this time reading your blog, it's so nice to have a voice to the face and a face to the name! Have a fab week hon. I can't wait to pop back soon to see what else you've been up to.

    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx