Tuesday 7 February 2017

A little crochet storage bowl

I'm always in need of storage - you?

I have big baskets for yarn and boxes for projects, tins for hooks and pots for needles.  
But I hadn't got anything for all those little bits.

You know - the  tiny gubbins which find their way down the sides of the sofa - those little stitchmarkers, yarn needles, tape measure...


And then I had a simple idea for a simple bowl.
So I made it.
And I made a video, too.


Want to make one for all your bits and pieces?

Here's the YouTube video, or see below for the written pattern:



 *This pattern is written in UK terms, for US, substitute double crochet for single crochet*  

Pattern:
You will need: 85g  / 17m (approx) tshirt yarn
12mm hook
Yarn needle
Stitch marker

Stitches used:
dc = double crochet
cdc = centre double crochet (to make a cdc, insert your hook into the 'legs' of the stitch  - see pic)


Row 1: 6dc in magic ring
Row 2: 2cdc in each st around. (12 sts)
Row 3: (1cdc, 2cdc in next st) repeat around. (18 sts)
Rows 4 - 5: 1cdc in each st around.

Fasten off and weave in ends.


Easy peasy!

Enjoy your week,

Sarah xx


8 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love the colour you used too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caitlin!
      This colour worked perfectly, didn't it?!

      Sarah xx

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking these could get quite addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliet,
      Yes, I'm planning a few more of these little bowls!
      Sarah x

      Delete
  3. Hello.Love your blog.May I ask what size hook you are using for the video.Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee - it's a 12mm hook.
      I've just added it to the pattern - thanks for pointing it out!!
      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Am I in need of storage - well as John Travolta would put it: " I got skeins, they're multiplyin'" :-) Really cute bowl, great idea to crochet storage for your stitch markers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elena,
      That's so funny!!!
      And yes, a super-useful little bowl. I've already made a whole load more, too!
      Have a great week,
      Sarah xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx